Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Crossroad

I know I’m in a crossroad right now. I face two opposite roads of conflicting directions and each road will take me to a life different than the other. There could be other roads, I guess, but right now, I seem to have only two options; that is, should I continue with the road I have traveled before or should I take a different route? This time, the latter seems to be tempting. I have thought of this before and once, I thought it happened but I got back on the same road though. That meant I had not taken a different route; I have just strayed from it.

The old road is somewhat irregular, sometimes smooth, sometimes rough like all normal roads are, I guess, but I have weathered it simply because I loved traveling on it. At first, it felt unfamiliar territory but as I traveled on, it seemed more and more like a secure direction, a comfortable destination. But I had doubts along the way as I saw other roads that seemed to beckon to me. However, I seem to have overcome all obstacles while traveling on this road. I learned to live with the good times and the tough times, so I thought I will be continuing on this road forever.

Until now, when I came upon this crossroad. The new road is a mystery; it seems to fit me judging from the size and makings of it, but I have no inkling of where it would lead me. Time and again I have come upon this road but have not seen the compelling need to switch roads. I know that like the old road I would need to adjust to it before I can really get the hang of traveling on it; that is, if I do decide to get off the old road though.

If I do decide to travel on this new road, would it disappoint me? Would it give me the security and comfort the old road has given me? Better yet, would it be a better travel than what I experienced with the old one? In short, would it be a better choice?

I do not know. I have my doubts; I have my fears. I am a person who likes security, and going off in another direction is a major risk. But, I also seem to be getting tired of the old road. Sure, I have weathered the good and the bad, but it has left me with scars and bruises. Because of the travel, some parts of my body grew callused and other parts, I have sensitive skin left exposed. This has wearied me from traveling on the same road, and come to think of it, from traveling itself.

Some say I should take the risk and go off on the new road since it seems to be fitted more for me. Others say, why go off the old road when I have already been on it for far too long that it seems to fit me well. It is a hard decision to make and it has left me stuck on the crossroad, unable to go farther.

2 comments:

G said...

new road, old road, crossroads... look up, baka may rope, magbaging ka na lang! hehe.. you know what I mean...

Layad said...

Magbaging na nga lang ata ako hehehehehe...