Saturday, August 25, 2007

Eight Random Facts About Me

Igorot Blogger (I often called him Sir B, which I think is nice, but he thinks it's too formal) has tagged me to list eight random facts about myself.

These are the rules for this tagging thing, which I'm supposed to post as well:
  • We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.

  • Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.

  • People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.

  • At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.

  • Don’t forget to leave them a comment on their blog telling them they’re tagged, and you read their blog.

Since I was up to the challenge, I then thought of eight things about me, myself and I that I could share without being too uncomfortable. These are what I came up with:

1. I started reading early and I was a certified bookworm in elementary, so much so that my mother would rip the books (usually pocketbooks) I was reading or hide them every time she catches me, because I forget to do the household chores or the things she asked me to do.

2. By profession, I am a journalist but I got involved in the work of Bible Translation. My friend, Jesse, who is also a journalist by profession but is now working in Dubai, says she is now a journalist on LOA. If she is on LOA, I guess I am retired =)

3. I am a chocoholic. I love chocolates! I just ate a little Snickers bar after dinner hehehe... I also have a sweet tooth. My friend, Ferri Cardia, would also tell you that I'm an ice cream addict. I wonder, can you have a sweet tooth and not be chocoholic?

4. I always say I am the eldest of four siblings, but actually, I had an eldest brother who died when we were young (God bless his soul). I am the next in rank, so I got the title of eldest by default.

5. When I laugh, tears would fall from my eyes. I think it may be hereditary because my mom and my aunts are also like that.

6. I like jamming or videoke sessions; they are one of my stress-busters. I miss my dorm days where my roomies and I can just gather in our room and sing the day away. Incidentally, some older classmates in the graduate school I attended gave me the title 'karaoke queen' because they couldn't believe that I know most of the old songs (courtesy of my father hehehe...).

7. I only wore earrings after I graduated from college; I haven't bothered before that. Ina, my grandmother from my mother's side, was the one who pierced my ears hehehe...

8. I get scared easily so I don't like horror movies; they stay with me for a long time. If I do watch, I'd have to have a companion. But I like cartoons =)

There, folks, that's me! Hehehe... Hmmm... the next thing I'm supposed to do is to tag eight others. Igorot Blogger has not tagged Ferri Cardia so Sis, you are tagged; Manong Bob; Ading Sarah; Jesse (she can do it on her Friendster blog since Multiply is blocked in Dubai); Okay and his wife, Luz (that is, if they still have time to do this since Luz just gave birth to their first child, Fanuz); my twin friends, Robyn and Joanne.

Now, friendz, you have to do this or else I will put pressure on you, so much so that it would create another typhoon Milenyo. So for love of country (sparing the Philippines from another disaster), DOH it. (I think this is better than the purgatory stuff of Igorot Blogger hehehe... Jokis!) But the most important thing is, enjoy!

7 comments:

admindude said...

Oy, thanks for doing the tag :-) I'm also a chocoholic/"ice-cream holic". When I pass by a convenient store here, I usually end up buying Toblerone (the white one) and eating it while commuting. Nakaka-addict :-)

Wil said...

Journalist, huh? Perhaps you can blog about it one day (e.g. interesting assignments, people you've interviewed, etc.). :D

Speaking of videoke, I saw this one Pinoy (from Dubia, I think) on youtube who posted around 50 videoke songs that he sang. Talk about a guy who loves videoke. hehe

btw, the links to 6 of the folks you tagged are not linking properly.

Anonymous said...

Dark chocolates and all flavors of icecream except pure vanilla are my weaknesses. Try New York Blueberry, hmmmmmmmmmmm, one of the best. Wish God will modify our guts so we won't get sick eating our passions, then all the above would be my breakfast, lunch and dinner! Everyday!!!
Ear pierced at that age, oouucchh!!
Yeah, skip those horrors movies, they're worthless, nothing to learn from them, other than giving you bangungut, hehe...cheers!

G said...

when you sent me that sms telling me that I am tagged, I thought you were refering to the Tag thing (like another blog program or whatever they call it)that fills my inbox with invitations to join. Eto pala yun!

Siya sige! Kaya lang feeling ko nai-blog ko na ang kung anumang natitira sa pribadong buhay ko! haha

G said...

oy baket! it's polite to respond to people's comments! natabunan na'to ah!:):) hehehe (wil, i did not foget the smilies ha!)

CHEERS! nga kuna ni Sir Tru..

Layad said...

Ahahahaha... Hay naku, ang bruha kong sis. Online na palagi e nang-aalaska na. Siya, siya... Natabunan na nga.

Sir B, kung kulto kami ni Ferri sa ear piercing at a late age, kulto tayo nina Sir Trublue pagdating sa chokolate at ice cream! Yipeee...

Wil, we can also create a cult of videoke maniacs, if you like videoke that is =) Sis Ferri, sali ka ha? Hehehe..

Sir Trublue, the ear-piercing of my lola was not that painful =)She was an expert hehehe...

Thanks you for taking the time to comment.

Andreas Pilipus said...

Hey sis, let's go for horror movies.. 'Cos i also hate horror movies.. Hehehe But Desy loves them very much. Too bad...