Thursday, September 18, 2008

Let Him Hold Your Hand

[This poem was written by Sis Ganda for me, after we chatted about an important issue in my life :) She wisely wrote, "Let God hold your hand", and I was so struck by her statement. I told her to write a poem with that as a starting point. Thank you, sis, for everything. Indeed, the comfort of knowing that God is holding my hand through this matter...]

Let God hold your hand
When conflicting possibilities stare you down
When His will is unconfirmed
When there’s nothing to do but wait
Let Him hold you by the hand.

Let Him give you His peace
When your heart is anxious
When you want to chicken out
Let God hold your hand.

When all you’ve left is a sigh
A heart that could only cry
Let His love embrace you
And His presence comfort you.

When everything is fuzzy
And your eyes just can’t see
Let His wisdom be your sight
He’ll lead you by the hand.

When you think you know
And you find out you don’t
Be assured that He knows
Just let His wisdom be yours.

So in everything my dear
Be it in matters of the heart
Or in issues of the mind
Let Him hold your hand.

8 comments:

Andreas Pilipus said...

Hmmmm, I really can identify myself with this poem. It is very comforting and encouraging. Thanks Layad for sharing it, and thanks sis Ganda for composing it. You should compose more poems. :) Hmmm, maybe I can compose songs from your poems, with your permission. :)

G said...

hey you two! I'm glad you find a measure of encouragement in these lines.

Sure bro, it would be nice if you could put music into those words. I am not really a poet; I need extreme emotions or strong attachment to someone undergoing some emotional turmoils to be able to come up with a single verse. that's the only time when I can brew something up. So my poems come every once in a blue moon only...

lovelyn said...

Layad is lucky for having Ganda! Dear friends do that, it means they could feel you.

G said...

thanks, lovelyn! :) I'm more blessed to have layad! her questions and reflections sharpen my rusting ability to critically think! :)

Kayni said...

ay siya, inmaliyak ya =). i know how to speak a little kankanna-ey, but i think it's not that good. i merely learned from listening to my mom. thanks for visiting my blog. i'll be visiting here often =).

Anonymous said...

Hi Andreas, how come u can identify with the poem? Hmmm... :D

I always remember this poem, Sis, lalo na kung nakakairita yung tao at gusto ko na siyang tsugihin ehehehe...

Hi Manang Lovelyn, yes you are right! I'm really blessed I have Ganda :)

Nice try, Kayni! :) Khawis tay inmali ka, as we would say in Finontok. Come again...

abella said...

indeed nice poem. sometimes good poems are squeezed out from difficult times:)

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing!i am also reminded and encouraged. thank God for friends;).both of you are blessed to have each other..hmmm.



FBI